Sunday 18 October 2009

Yesterday I mentioned the violinist but before I saw her I listened to a street preacher.

He had a bill board around his neck, a smart one mind you, properly printed, yellow writing on crimson card proclaiming the 'end of the world' and the need to repent.


As he spoke his voice could easily be heard by passers by. He didn't need an amplifier the words rang out across the part of the square he occupied causing people to slow as they passed. One or two would stop to listen further.

I wondered how many lives would be altered by his proclamation.
Was his style of delivery still relevent for today?
Was there still room for an old fashioned preacher?


The answer is of course Yes with a capital Y.

The open Bible in his hand would see to that.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.


Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth will
pass away, but my words will never pass away.

No comments:

Post a Comment